Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Gotham

On Friday evening September 17th 2010 I had one of the most amazing New York City experiences. It was simple and spontaneous. We were invited to the home of one of New York City's elite dining insider and cook....My first reaction after a week filled with dinner parties and fashion week overkill my last joy was to take a train to Uber cool....Williamsburg Brooklyn with all the cool kids. A place where our City is alive and has defied the homogeneity of the Island of Manhattan. What a surprise I was in for.

As I climbed the stair well to this 4 story building I was greeted by a Harvard professor who shared the story of Federico Fellini after her stint of spending many summers in Italy and a Ashtanga Yogi. We listened to Myles and Lisa Lisa and I experienced some of Mexico's amazing regional cuisine right here in our beloved Gotham. So New York City love it or hate I cannot think of a better place to get a degree in life 101 and all of it sites and taste buds that continues to challenge all my senses. I always have to remind myself to think outside the box of what this City means to me and what it has to offer. Life ! Kudos Williamsburg !